Hi! I’m Emily Robinson with the Dion Law Group. I practise Family Law in Woodland Hills and Westlake Village, California.
One thing that I try to talk to clients about is the various professionals that are going to be really helpful as you go through a divorce. Of course, a Divorce Attorney is a very helpful professional. But I also wanna talk to you about a:
- Therapist because you’re going to a lot of emotional issues.
- You might want to talk to a Financial Advisor about how to split up money and assets, and what’s gonna be the most beneficial for you.
- Possibly, for the same reason, a CPA or an Accountant.
- If you’re considering bankruptcy, you might wanna talk to a Bankruptcy Attorney.
- You also may want to talk to a Therapist for your children, if your children are really struggling with the divorce. And there are a lot of professionals there that specialize in helping children.
- There’s also Co-parenting Counselors that help you work with your spouse throughout the divorce.
- There are also Mediators who can help you resolve issues outside of court.
So there’s a wide variety of professionals who can help you with your divorce. And after a divorce, you definitely would want to talk with an Estate Planning Attorney so that you can decide how to redo your will and trusts to reflect your new assets and your new beneficiaries.